Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I've got a ton of things to do.  There's laundry, then I got to feed the baby, then I have to catch up on my saved episodes of Supernatural, then throw the laundry in the dryer, then feed the baby again, and show the cats some attention before they tear up my plant again, then feeding time again...

What day is it?

Oh, and I need to give you this recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies real quick.

I decided to make these cookies because I had a huge box of raisins left over from my granola/trail mix I made the other week.  

Here is what you will need

 2 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
5 cups of quick-cooking oats
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups of brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1/4 cup of orange juice concentrate
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of raisins

This cookie recipe is really simple.  Take the first three ingredients and sift together into a large bowl.  Add in your oats and stir it up.  Now cream the butter until light and fluffy and throw in your sugars.  Once the sugars are mixed in, add your eggs.  Scrape down the bowl if you need to.  Now throw in the OJ, vanilla, and salt.  

Now your mixture may look a little bubbly when you add in the OJ concentrate.  Don't worry, it will come together when you add in the flour.  Fold in the flour and raisins.  Again, have I mentioned to have a LARGE bowl when you do this?  Got one?  Good.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and drop the cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper.  Bake for about 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.  This recipes makes about 40 cookies when you use a small portion scoop.  

Really?  Already?  Gotta go.  It's bottle time again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment