Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ghost Pops


Let me start off by saying that I need to practice with my Americolor Gourmet Writer pen.  I am not uber happy with this little ghosts, but I know one thing for sure.  They sure are tasty.  So...

Have you ever heard of cake pops?  If you head on over to Bakerella's site, you will find an incredibly talented woman churning out adorable cake pops of every shape and color.  Obviously, I am immensely jealous of her skills.  But I am pretty sure she doesn't have to worry about me creeping into her cake pop territory any time soon.


For these ghost pops, I just used a box cake mix and frosting and the leftover white fondant from my mummy cupcakes.   Feel free to choose what cake you want, but remember you are putting white fondant on top.  So if you choose a darker colored cake, it might show through.

Follow the basic instructions to make the cake pops here.  Instead of making a ball shape, I made more of a "blob"shape. Throw them in the fridge to harden a little bit.


Melt some candy coating or white chocolate to help insert the lollipop stick into the bottom.


Roll out your fondant and cut out a circle big enough to cover the cake "blob".  I really don't know any other term to call them.


Press the sides down gently.


Add eyes and a mouth to the pops and you are done!  These pops kind of remind me of how you wanted to be a ghost for Halloween when you were little and your mom took an old white sheet and cut out holes so you could see.

Ah! Those were the days.  None of this running to Target and picking out a costume in a bag.  We had to be creative.  For example, corn syrup and ground coffee make for a great (albeit sticky) hobo's beard.

And now let's just go hide those photos so we don't have evidence we actually did that!

No comments:

Post a Comment