Thursday, January 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Frosting

I know.  It's peanut butter.  I have already admitted I have a problem.  Let's continue. 


I got this recipe from the What's New, Cupcake? book.  The cupcakes are adorable.  But what I really like about the book is that they give you super simple recipes in the back using only a few ingredients.  I like their version of "almost homemade buttercream" because I am not a HUGE buttercream fan.  And who can argue against the use of marshmallow fluff?



For the basic buttercream, you will need:

3 sticks of unsalted butter cut into pieces to soften
1 16 ounce tub of Marshmallow Fluff
1/2 cup or more of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

With a mixer, beat the softened butter until it is smooth and creamy.  Add in the marshmallow fluff and mix till combined.  You will have to scrape down the bowl a few times.  Marshmallow fluff gets everywhere.  Add in 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and your vanilla extract.

For the peanut butter frosting, add in 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter at this time.  Taste your frosting.  Add more powdered sugar if you want it sweeter.  But don't add too much because it can become gritty.

If the frosting is a little too soft to use, throw it in the fridge for a few minutes.  Pipe the frosting onto some chocolate cupcakes and savor all the praises coming your way!


No comments:

Post a Comment