Thursday, September 30, 2010

Zucchini Bread

I know I live in Florida and there is no such thing as fall weather down here. But with a tropical storm off the coast, the weather has become cooler. Hey...you take it when you can get it.  The stores are rolling out the scented brooms and pinecones and I can remember the leaves changing color growing up in Tennessee.  I need a cinnamon fix pronto and I thought of the zucchini bread we made in class a few weeks ago.  


Please don't judge me by the lighting in my house.  It's on my list of wants when we finally decided where to move and buy a house.  


What you will need:  
3 eggs
1 cup of corn oil
2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
3 1/8 cups of all purpose flour
11 ounces of grated zucchini (about 2 - 2 1/2 cups)
1 cup of chopped pecans


Measure out all your ingredients and grate your zucchini.  Combine all of your liquid ingredients, including the zucchini, in a bowl.  Combine all of your dry ingredients in another bowl.

Mix all the dry ingredients really well.  Then pour the liquid ingredients into the dry.  I use my hands to stir but you can always use a spoon.  But stir just until everything is incorporated.  You don't want to over mix the batter.  Pour into your loaf pan and bake for about one hour at 350 degrees.  This recipe makes one large loaf or two smaller loaves.  


Now that my kitchen smells all yummy, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment