Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cream Cheese Cupcakes

I remember my Mom baking these cupcakes.  And I remember my Dad eating so many he would make himself sick.  Even though I haven't lived at home for a while, I am pretty sure my Dad still over-indulges on these little things.  It's hard not too.


What you'll need:

3 8oz blocks of cream cheese (soft)
1 cup granulated sugar
5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

For the topping:
1 8oz container of sour cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. 

Beat cream cheese and sugar together. This takes a while so make sure your cream cheese is soft.  Slowly add in one egg at a time.  Once incorporated, add in your vanilla.  Pour the batter into cupcake liners and bake for 40 minutes.  The cupcakes will puff up in the oven and will deflate when they are done.  Just warning you. 


While baking, mix topping ingredients together in a small bowl.  After the 40 minutes of cook time, take cupcakes out of the oven and put 1 teaspoon of topping on each cupcake.  Bake again for 5 minutes. Let cool completely and refrigerate.  Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment