Monday, October 4, 2010

Really Simple Peanut Butter Cookies

So I have something to admit.  I kinda "borrowed" this idea from Bakerella. I have been using this peanut butter cookie recipe for months now.  You can ask my husband because he has mentioned on multiple occasions on how we should have stock in Smuckers Natural Chunky peanut butter.   But the dipping half in chocolate part is from the Bakerella blog.  Simple, but genius I tell you....Genius.  

What you will need:
1 cup Natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla


Mix all ingredients together.  Pretty simple, right?  Roll the dough into a ball and flatten with a fork.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.  I made my cookies pretty big and came out with about 12 cookies.  While cookies are baking and cooling, melt baker's chocolate in a double boiler.  Once cookies are cool enough to hold, dip one half into the chocolate. Place back on cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate hardens or you catch your husband in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment