Sunday, June 3, 2012

Coconut Oat Clusters


My husband has talked about a version of this recipe for years now.  It was one of the few desserts he remembered growing up.  Luckily, he found this recipe for me in a HomeGoods store the other week. Yes, my husband goes into HomeGoods with me.  It's reason # 89 of why I love him.

What you will need

1 cup of rolled oats ( I used quick oats)
1 cup of flaked sweetened coconut
4 ounces of semisweet chocolate
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
3 tablespoons of cocoa powder

First, combine the oats and coconut in a large bowl


Second, in a separate small bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together.  Add in the corn syrup and combine


Pour the chocolate into the coconut oat mixture and stir.  Sprinkle in the cocoa powder and stir again.


Once everything is combined, start rolling into small one inch balls.  The recipe I had said that if the mix was sticky to add more cocoa powder.  I didn't seem to have that problem though.


Place the coconut oat clusters on a cookie sheet lined with parchment papers and toss them in the fridge for a few hours.  Once they harden, place in a airtight container.  The recipe doesn't make much so don't be surprised when they disappear all of a sudden.  I'm pointing to you Mr. Baking Pixie.

Coconut Oat Clusters - Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment