Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's been a long time

Where do I even begin?

Hi!  Let me re-introduce myself.  I am the Baking Pixie and I have been gone for way too long.  It has been over a year since I have been able to post and share anything sweet.  To say I was busy would be a little bit of an understatement.

You see...

We bought our first house this year.  We started searching last January and signed all the papers in March.  Then we got to painting and ripping out carpets and installing hardwood floors and removing plants in the front yard and...


And then after competing in an alumni swim meet back in my hometown, I found out I was pregnant with our second child.  


 "Morning" sickness needs to be renamed to "All Day" Sickness.  I'm just sayin'.  And just like with my son, I was unable to eat anything sweet for the first few months with my daughter.  We had some serious conversations late at night about her hatred towards chocolate chip cookies and ice cream.  I tried to tell her they were harmless and delicious.  She just wouldn't listen to me.

So while trying to deal with the queasiness and the growing belly, I was running and waddling after my little rugrat who is growing up way too fast.



And then we hit a month that was very hard for our family.  I was told that our baby was at high risk for having Down Syndrome.  I started doing some research and I knew no matter the results of all the tests that our child would be loved by everyone. But it was hard.  I am not going to lie.  We had extra tests done and a very detailed ultrasound to see if the baby showed any signs of having that one extra chromosome.  And then we had to wait for the results.  I cried during the wait.  My husband cried.  And our daughter turned out perfect.



This last year wasn't just all babies and fixing up the house though.  I did make my very first wedding cake in October for an awesome couple we know.  I even made a grooms cake.  And then had to explain to everyone in the family what a grooms cake was.  I guess that is one of the big disadvantages of growing up in the north.  That and the lack of sweet tea.  I would never make it.


I even got my blog mentioned in Fox News Magazine for National Peanut Butter Day, which was on the 24th of January.  You can check out the article here.

It has been a year full of ups and downs and crying for the good and the bad.  I so can't wait to see what this year has in store for us as we watch our children grow and we continue to work on our house.  I also can't wait to start baking again and sharing the recipes with you!

Thank you for waiting for me,
The Baking Pixie 

No comments:

Post a Comment