Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cinnamon Chex Mix

I found this recipe thanks to Pinterest (duh!).  The original recipe is located here courtesy of Just Another Day in Paradise.  Go visit her site.  She has much prettier pictures of the final yummy cereal than I do.


I have to be honest with you on this one.  I wasn't digging this so much yesterday when I made it.  But give me 90 minutes of yoga and a glass of orange juice and this stuff is AMAZING.

The huge downfall to this recipe is you need cinnamon chips.  Yes, I had to google it too because I had never heard of or seen cinnamon chips in my life.  But thanks to a wonderful website called Nuts.com, you can have cinnamon chips delivered straight to your door.


My mom found that site a few years ago when she started getting my husband nonpareils for Christmas.  It's his favorite candy.  And his dad's favorite.  And his grandmother's favorite...

For the recipe you will need

1 box of Rice Chex cereal
3 cups of cinnamon chips
1/2 to 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon

Throw the box of cereal in a big bowl.  I always use my tupperware cake carrier.  You know the big plastic dome that snaps onto a bottom.  That way you can shake everything without getting sugar every where.


Pour the cinnamon chips into a microwavable container and heat 30 seconds at a time.  By the way, if you order the chips off Nuts.com, one pound equals roughly 3 cups.


Stir the chips until everything is melted and smooth.  Now pour the melted cinnamon chips over the cereal and stir until combined.   Now combine all the sugars together in a bowl.  I started off with just 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, but ended up sprinkling some extra on at the end.


Sprinkle the sugars over the chex cereal.  Snap on the bottom of the cake container if you got it and shake.  Or if you are less messy than I am, stir the cereal until the sugars start to coat the cereal.  If you need to add more sugar, sprinkle on a little powdered sugar like I did, and stir (or shake) again.

And there you have it...a cinnamony crunchy delicious snack.  Enjoy!

Cinnamon Chex Mix - Print Recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment