Monday, January 16, 2012

Mini Cupcakes with Coffee Buttercream Frosting

Yesterday, I tried out my Babycakes cupcake maker.  It took a little bit to get use to especially since they don't tell you how much batter to put in.  If you do the 2/3 rule, they come out pretty flat.  So I ended up filling them about 15/16 of the way.  Just kidding.  


I just used a regular yellow cake mix for the cupcake portion, adding some organic cocoa powder halfway through for the rest of the cupcakes.

But to top off the cupcakes, I made a coffee buttercream frosting I found here.


It's a little sweet, so I might not add as much powdered sugar next time.  And there will be a next time.

2 comments:

  1. Cool. What do you use to do your frosting? I'm imagining something like a regular decorating tip only larger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shana, I used a closed star piping tip for the mini cupcakes. I bought the tip here at http://www.bakeitpretty.com/best-ever-cupcake-icing-kit/. Bake it Pretty is going through a growing phase right now, so you can't buy it anymore. But I am sure you can get it a local craft store.

      Delete