Thursday, November 25, 2010

Peanut Butter French Toast

Thanksgiving breakfast is usually pretty simple around our house.  But when I can, I try to break out the griddle.  I introduced family to our favorite breakfast of peanut butter french toast this morning.   It's extremely "stick to the roof of your mouth" good.





The amount of batter depends on the amount of bread you are going to dip.  But I usually go for about 6 eggs, a little bit of milk (we used almond milk this morning), and a splash of vanilla.  If you can't find cinnamon swirl bread, then add a dash of ground cinnamon to your egg mixture.  Whisk all the ingredients together.  Then put a little bit of butter into a skillet or griddle to melt.  While the butter is melting, prepare the bread.  For the peanut butter, I try to use a natural peanut butter because it helps cut down on the sweetness.  Slather, yes I said slather, a layer of peanut butter between two slices of bread.  Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and immediately put into the hot pan. Fry until the sides are golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!   Just try not to do anything too strenuous afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment